There is a lot of choice in the pram department. Here are the top 10 things to look for when buying a pram.
- Big basket – Benefit: you can be out for extended periods of time going shopping or just in the park without having to carry anything.
- 1 piece pram solution is possible from birth up – Benefit: You don’t need extra money or car boot space for a pram and bassinet.
- Easy close – Benefit simple, one handed closing is best; and a saviour when you have baby in one hand.
- Good suspension – Benefit: comfortable, stable ride for baby.
- Lightweight – Benefit: easy to get in and out of the car, up stairs etc…
- Adjustable/extendible handle (for height) – Benefit: no one is hunched over while out for a walk – comfort.
- 3 point turning – Benefit: easy to get in and out of tight spaces
- Accessories pack – Benefit: easy to fit to the pram rain/sun canopies, coffee holder are just useful.
- Ability to add second child at a later date (optional) – this one is really up to you!
- Reversible handles/bassinet/seat (optional) – Benefit: you can look at baby directly while you are out walking.
PS. Don’t forget to make sure it complies with all safety standards and fits in your car.