We all have our holiday style - the explorer, the skier, the sun seeker. Whatever your pleasure... here’s to a great holiday.
When it comes to your babymoon, my advice is go where you won’t be able to go for a while. And I don’t mean Everest base camp. Use the time to connect and enjoy each other before your little bubba arrives. I know everyone says it, and you don't really believe it, but it will be hard when bubba arrives, you will be exhausted, and you will not have as much time for each other as you had before - and trust me you can feel it.
Here are some tips for a great babymoon.
- Relax, relax, relax
- Enjoy each other
- Relax some more
- Sleep in and nap during the day
Ok, on a more serious note...
- Pamper yourself - but make sure that whoever is looking after you and the products that are being used are suitable for your stage of pregnancy and are done by a trained professional
- Don’t go too far
- If you like adventure and action in your holiday, you may not be satisfied with sitting on a beach for 2 weeks. Try finding a compromise between the rest you need and the urge to explore ie explore but less action packed
- Don’t go into areas which require vaccinations or into regions in certain times of the year where dangers are elevated e.g. stinger season up north
- Don’t go anywhere with bad water
- Find somewhere warm
- Or find somewhere where the air is pure and refreshing
- Go somewhere you normally wouldn’t
- And make sure you do everything in the first lot of points - relax, sleep in, nap and most of all enjoy each other
There are some places that do not accept kids. In a few short months those places will be off limits to you for a while. Make the most of it now. Check out Qualia and Beach Club on Hamilton Island.
If you can’t afford to go to the ideal place for the full two weeks – go to two places. Split your time and find a way to make the money work.
Here are some top locations around Australia to consider:
Tasmania: Cradle Mountain (check out Lemonthyme Lodge) and Wine Glass Bay
NSW: Blue Mountains and Byron Bay
Queensland: Hamilton Island, Palm Cove, Noosa or Port Douglas
Victoria: Daylesford and Mornington Penninsula
And if that's not enough, here are some properties I thought might get you in the holiday mood.
Also check out
And of course keep an eye out on our Facebook page for more retreats....